Participant Experience Roundtable
2018 Annual Meeting
Retirement Plan Participants: Are they paying attention to you and are you acting upon what you know?
November 7-8, 2018
Hosted by: Well Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust
*Registration requires an invitation code
Engaging participants is an age-old conundrum. It's not enough to have your products on advisor platforms, you need to reach the end user in order to make an impact on contribution flow and business success. Companies today need to be in tune with the various ways and means that participants consume information - where, when and how. They also need to understand how to standardize messages to reduce operating costs.
EACH Enterprise is once again bringing together senior leaders to the table to discuss the impact that technology has on participant behavior. We'll be continuing our conversations around Financial Wellness, customized communications and participant education. We'll cover new ground on generational views and the blurring lines between how the generations view retirement.
In addition to the formal sessions we have scheduled, you will have time to catch up with your industry peers to connect and network. Attendees will receive a summary of ideas and model practices for their own internal company use after the meeting. Upon request, staff will submit to each firm in attendance a confidential and subjective view of the firm's participant strategy relative to its historical and current target markets.
Forum for heads of retirement plan participant strategy teams to discuss current developments and emerging issues impacting retirement readiness.
- Drive participation, contribution level, and asset allocation through plan design, participant communication, and counseling
- Reduce erosion from loans and premature distribution
- Encourage asset accumulation, account consolidation, and responsible lifetime income distribution
- Enhance the financial sustainability of our firms
- Enhance the effectiveness of the national retirement system
Informal discussions based on topics from previously-hosted forums and suggested topics from the registration process are included. Meeting participants can expect to come away with a better understanding of:
- Driving participant outcomes through messaging and imagery
- Where and how to deploy human counseling and advice effectively and efficiently,
- The role of technology in participant strategy today and in the future
- How to segment the participant population in workforce entry, accumulating, pre-, at-, and post- retirement
Attendance is by invitation. The invitation is extended to heads of participant experience, participant strategy, participant communication, counseling, education, contact center, and Web apps at retirement plan service providers:
- Across distribution channels (direct, consultant, brokerage, TPA, bank, and others)
- Mid-sized, large and jumbo plans
- Corporate, government, not-for-profit, higher-education and Taft-Hartley markets
- TRO, integrated benefits, defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, and NQDC plans
Wednesday November 7, 2018
6:30p.m. Pre-event Networking Dinner at Sophia's Lounge
Sophia's Lounge (Catered by 5 Church)
127 N Tryon Street, Suite D
Corner of 5th & Church Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust
435 S. Tryon Street
2nd Floor, Suite 200
Charlotte, NC 28202
Casual Dress for pre-event
Business Casual Dress Code for meetings
Attendees will contribute to an ongoing dialogue about how to move the needle on retirement savings through participant communications.
Discussions with a panel of six recently retired participants will provide a direct and immediate illustration of the impact our collective efforts have on U.S. workers and highlight areas where we have an opportunity to improve.
Two 90-minute timeslots for breakout discussion sessions moderated by attendees:
- By hot topic (Financial wellness sustainability and participant experience management across generations)
- By size band on strategies to drive participant engagement - in person, virtual, through advisors, standardized or customized?
Attendees will each receive a summary, one-page document of the ideas and best practices shared at the meeting. None of the content will be attributable to any one individual or organization.
Thursday November 8, 2018
8:00 a.m Continental breakfast buffet
8:30 a.m. Welcome, Introductions, hot topics of the day – Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement & Trust
9:15 a.m. Moderated breakout sessions – Hot Topics
- Financial wellness sustainability - Darrick Mello, Lincoln Financial Group
- Participant experience management across generations - Sheri Cobb, Wells Fargo IRT
10:15 a.m. Break
11:00 a.m. Group discussion - Breaking through participant inertia
12:00 p.m. Buffet Luncheon
12:30 p.m. Moderated breakout sessions by size band- drive participant engagement - in person, virtual, through advisors, standardized or customized?
- Under $50 million - Stephanie Scibora, Securian Retirement
- $50 million-$250 million - Joleen Workman, Principal Financial Group
- $250 million and over - Jennifer Plese, Wells Fargo
2:00 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. Voice of Retirees: Moderated Plan Participant Panel - What exactly are plan participants looking for from their plan sponsors and how are they getting - or not getting - it? Where are we succeeding as an industry and how can we do even better?
3:15 p.m. Wrap Up and Next Steps
3:30 p.m. Meeting Adjourns
601 South College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
For reservations please call the hotel directly at 704-375-2600
Registration requires an invitation code.
Payments by credit card, debit card, check or bank transfer
|On or before March 31, 2018||$1150|
|After March 31, 2018||$1475|
EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund your entire meeting fee if you cancel on or before August 31, 2018. For cancellations between September 1, 2018 and October 6, 2018, EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund your registration fee minus an administration fee of $175. No refunds for cancellations after October 6, 2018. In the unlikely event that the number of registered attendees falls short of expectations, EACH Enterprise, LLC will refund the entire registration fee.